The summer has arrived and there's nothing worse than heavy, hot food when the heat outside is already hot enough! So we've come up with our very own salmon salad, perfect for the summer and packed with great tasting superfoods leaving your hunger satisfied without that heavy, bloated feeling. This latest dish from the Predator kitchen boasts a vast array of nutrients with endless benefits keeping your body in great health!
|Time: 15 mins||Level: Easy||Serves: 1|
- 1 Salmon fillet
- 1 Artichoke
- 4 large Asparagus spears
- 100g Spinach
- 100g Quinoa
- Prepare your ingredients by chopping the artichoke and asparagus in to bite size chunks and measuring out the correct amount of quinoa and spinach.
- Cook the quinoa in a similar way as you would rice, bringing to boil then leaving to simmer for approximately 15minutes (or alternatively the time stated on your packet).
- Smoke/steam/grill/fry the salmon to your preference - this usually takes less than 10minutes.
- Steam the artichoke and asparagus together with the spinach for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once all is cooked to taste, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, flake the salmon into smaller pieces and mix together - Easy!
Artichokes - High levels of antioxidants which help fight cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure - Ability to lower cholesterol whilst balancing blood glucose levels due to cyanic properties - Fantastic source of potassium helping to regulate excess sodium and preventing hypertension Asparagus - Very high in vitamin K building stronger bones and prevent blood clotting - High in antioxidants which fight off free radicals reducing risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes - Rich source of folate which is important during pregnancy and reduces risk of chronic disease in later life. Quinoa - A great alternative to rice, quinoa is linked to reduced risks of heart disease and certain cancers - High in fiber reducing blood pressure and risk of heart attack - Shown to maintain cholesterol levels and lower LDL cholesterol - A high source of plant-based protein containing all 9 of the amino acids that the body can't make on its own - Also rich in calcium, phosporus and iron Spinach - Super rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that boost your immune system and slow the signs of aging keeping skin looking young and your brain feeling sharp - High in potassium and low in sodium defending against hypertension - Antioxidants preventing inflammation and damage to blood vessels which can cause leads to heart disease - Rich in iron to keep you to feeling energized and strong all day long - High in fiber to improve digestion Comment to rate our recipe and share your ideas on how you would customize yours.