This protein packed treat has a similar texture to a no-bake cheesecake, but without the fats and excess calories! This great recipe can be adapted to suit you personal preference in flavour and dietary needs, and by changing the protein used you can decide whether you want to enjoy it as a post workout treat or a bedtime snack! Not only that but check out the fantastic nutritional macros - low carbohydrate and low fat content yet an excellent portion of your daily protein!
|Vanilla Whey Flan
|Chocolate Casein Flan
- Warm the almond milk in a pan over a low heatÂ until it begins to bubble.
- Add the gelatine and mix together using a fork or whisk over a low heatÂ for approximately a minute until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Mix in the yogurt and protein powder (and any other additional spices, fruits or nuts)
- Transfer the mixture to a refrigerator friendly container/dish and place in the fridge to set for 3 hours. For this recipe you ideally need 3 hours for the gelatine to create the perfect texture. Watch that you don't refrigerate it for too long as it may turn into a harder jelly texture - but all is not lost if this happens! Just pop it in the microwave for approximately 15 seconds and the beautiful foamy texture will return!
- If you're feeling adventurous experiment with different flavoured protein powders - Optimum Nutrition's caramel toffee fudge or mochaccino flavoured whey would add a delicious twist!
- Add fruits, spices and nuts/seeds for extra texture and flavour - blueberries, bananas and cinnamon are Mitch Lee's favourite additions.