For those of you don't own a waffle maker check out its new best friend - the sandwich toaster! Here is a protein waffle recipe that doesn't even require a waffle machine - simple!
|Time: 15 mins||Level: Medium||Serves: 5 Waffles|
- 110g Fat Free Cherry Yogurt
- 1 scoop (approx 36g) Chocolate Protein - We suggest TruNutrition's Chocolate/Chocolate Peanut Buttercup Trutein or iForce's Chocolate Truffle ProteanÂ
- 15g Cocoa Powder
- 40g Oats - we suggest these bench pressed oats from OOMF
- 4 Medium Egg Whites
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Sweetener/Honey (as per personal preference) - why not try these zero fat zero calorie sweetening syrups from Walden Farms
- Mix together your egg whites and yogurt until blended well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix into smooth batter
- Having heated and lightly greased your waffle machine or sandwich toaster, pour on the mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- If you don't own either a waffle machine or a sandwich toaster, then this recipe work well as a pancakes too so just cook up a delicious batch of pancakes instead!
- Experiment with different flavours of protein to add some exciting twists - tryÂ pumpkin pie or peach mango flavour from TruteinÂ for an exciting combination!
- Switch up the flavours even further by using new and exciting yogurts to create your ultimate favourite combination!